CMS is just shorthand for “Content Management System”.
All that means Administrative Users have the ability to make real-time modifications to various aspects of a given website. View SunAnt Portfolio
Typically, CMS websites enable Administrators to:
- Add/Edit and Delete Website Pages (and Posts)
- Add/Edit/Delete News Items
- Add/Edit/Delete Calendar Events
- Add/Edit/Delete Users and their Accounts
- Add/Delete Images, Videos, Attachments, etc.
The main advantage of a CMS Website is that the power is given to the the business – the ability to make substantial content changes without having to depend on a web vendor.
- It’s cheaper to maintain
- Changes can be made by authorized internal personnel
- No need to wait on a vendor to make simple changes
The key decision to be made is not whether a site should be built as a CMS, but rather which platform should be utilized.
Here is a short list of popular CMS platforms*:
- WordPress (WP)
- DotNetNuke (DNN)
*unlike most web vendors, SunAnt is not beholden to any particular CMS Platform. We can create and manage on any of the aforementioned CMS platforms. But we do have our preferences. Nevertheless, the core consideration is which platform best suits the needs of a given project and Client.
For a FREE side-by-side comparison matrix (outlining the comparative strengths and weaknesses of each of these), please contact us and we’ll be happy to send it to you no strings attached.