Did you know there is a way to monitor specific search terms on the web with a custom Google Alert? By setting up Google Alerts for specific search terms you can do a number of things:
- Monitor your online reputation
- Monitor your competitors
- Follow updates on your industry
- Get the latest news on a certain subject
Below is an example of a Google Alert preview of how to create an alert for the search term, “Web Hosting Milwaukee” from visiting the Google Alert main page. You can also log in your Google Account to start creating your alerts.
If you want to set up this Google Alert preview as an actual alert, you need to follow the steps from the picture below by:
- Choose the alert type; everything, news, blogs, video, discussions
- Choose how often you want to receive the alert; as-it-happens, once a day, or once a week.
- Choose results; all results or the best results
- Add your email address to create the alert
If there ever is a need to adjust your Google Alerts, you can log into your Google Account and make the necessary changes.
If you have any problems setting up your Google Alerts, visit the Google Alerts Help Page for more information, or leave a question/comment below and we’d be happy to help.